Nanaimo and the surrounding area has plenty to offer! Some of your experiences may include:
Wine tasting: The Wine Industry on Vancouver Island is growing fast.
Wild Play Adventures: Go wild with bungee jumping, zip lines, and a tree top adventure for the kids!
Newcastle Island: Hike the 750 acre Newcastle Island Provincial Marine Park with its 7km perimeter trail. Reach the island by small private walk-on ferry from the downtown harbour.
Bathtub Weekend: A Nanaimo tradition. Book now and watch this July’s race from our beach deck!
Coombs Old Country Market: Home of the “Goats on the Roof.”
Cathedral Grove, towering ancient Douglas firs, some of which are more than 800 years old…just 45 minutes away.
Chemainus: The “Little Town that Did” with its famous murals is just down the road!
Golf Vancouver Island: The Island offers a wide range of great golf options.
Mount Washington Ski Resort: This year round resort is not just about winter skiing anymore….
Your itinerary may also include:
- A day trip to Long Beach and Pacific Rim National Park
- Hiking at Little Qualicum Falls, Englishman River Falls
- A day trip to Saltspring Island: Don’t miss the famous Summer Craft Market each Saturday.
- A walk (and visit to Canada’s only floating pub) on Protection Island. Reachable by walk-on ferry, or even better for lunch on a kayak daytrip!
- A beach walk at Neck Point and Piper’s Lagoon, two waterfront parks within 2km of our B & B.